Monday, June 17, 2013

A week

It is absolutely amazing how much can happen in a week. 7 days.

We started out last week with some company for dinner and family home evening.
We had our musical Tuesday  - where we are in lessons all day long, my kids either in them, or me teaching them.  The girls and I had some pita chips and hummus and were just hanging out - trying to reload after lessons (aka. 4:45 lunch) when my husband came home from work.
He went up into the attic to do some work on some fans we've been installing.
Came down, asked who wanted to go to home depot.  No one.  So he headed off on his own.
Came back, sat on the couch, and sent the girls to their bedrooms.
Then he collapsed onto the floor and started shaking, and asked me to call 911 because something was wrong, but he didn't know what.  He hadn't been feeling well since Saturday, but had made lots of improvement by Tuesday.
I called some neighbors -   couldn't get hold of anyone until my 5th try.  Really - where were all of my friends at 9:30 at night not answering their phones?  Our neighbor across the street came over, and so did the ambulance and fire truck.
They loaded him up and took him to the hospital.
The kids spent the night across the street with our neighbors.
I headed to the hospital where we hung out for several hours, and did tests.  And then sent us home with no idea of what happened.  We went to the Dr. the next day.  He sent us for a ct scan the next day.
Still no idea.
But, life goes on.  We are chalking it up to perhaps an anxiety attack?

The girls are enrolled in a free bowling program this summer, so we bowled on Friday night, stopped by the pool shop - (where we found we can get a salt cell for our pool for $200 more than we can find it on Amazon), and then we went to a wedding reception for our friend's daughter.  They had a cookie bar - I sent my sour cream sugar cookies with roses on top.  It was fun to walk into the reception and find some of our friends (one who we'd met as a missionary in Colorado) there.  We didn't know we had the mutual friends.

At the reception, we ran into a friend who has offered to teach us surfing - once the waves are right.  We headed out early Sat. am to meet him - and while the waves were rough - our youngest was able to get up in the white water a couple of times.  Spent most of the day at the beach, and then my husband and I had a father's day shopping date.  Bath and Body works semi annual sale - where I had a coupon and gift card so it cost us $0.00.  Then we found some dress pants for my husband for work.  Amazingly, we found a pair of pants on clearance $19.99 stuck in with the $149.99 pants.   While we were sure it was wrong, we jumped at it!  We asked if they had any more, and they weren't sure, so we went back in and found a couple more pairs, but only one that he wanted.  It was a score though!

And then we fed my husband's addiction.  Wings.  Yep - he loves them.  L O V E S.  The kids don't though, so it's a great date.  My favorite part is watching him try to towel off all of his sweat that breaks out while he's eating wings.  He literally DRIPS.  It's pretty gross, but so funny - cause, who does that?

This week we've got bowling, hopefully no hospital trips, maybe some beach, some families from our ward for dinner a couple of evenings, and a much put off visit to the post office.  

1 comment:

Caterina B said...

Whew! I am glad hubby is OK now!