Friday, September 28, 2012

Blessed - Consider the lilies of the field...



My husband and I were talking yesterday about life.  I just keep thinking that things are supposed to get easier at some point.  He thinks that maybe 'that's life'...just the ups and downs all the time, and trying to work through them.  Maybe he's right, and maybe he isn't.

These flowers are probably my all time favorite flower - Calla lilies...last night during scriptures, we read in the Book of Mormon, the section where Christ has just come to visit the Americas, and was preaching messages which were very similar to the messages he taught in Jerusalem.  Here's one of my favorite passages - we read it last night and it gave me peace.  It is found in 3 Nephi 13:26-34, and says...
 "Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.  Are ye not much better than they?  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?  And why take ye thought for raiment?  Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toll not, neither do they spin; And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if you are not of little faith.  Therefore take no though, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.  Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself"

I love these verses because they teach me that Heavenly Father knows what I need (right now - like a house), and things will work out - I just need to put my faith and trust in Him, and things really do work out.
Today I saw that happening.  I've been very blessed today.  Today my walking partner went to do some service in the temple - like she does every Friday.  I asked her to pray for us today - because things have been a little rough.  Suddenly - part way through the day, everything just started to shift.  In an amazing way.  Really.

First off, I started working on some primary stuff, and made a phone call to ask for some feedback, and ended up a short while later meeting with two amazing women, and I got a lot off of my plate and sorted through some major stuff this morning with these ladies.  Yes, we sorted through the primary program AND the ward Christmas party that we are in charge of.  More on my plate, but we made a huge dent in my mental list and worries.  (Which is good since I'm moving in a month)

My activities for 2013 and our primary budget started to round themselves out, and things I've been stressing about getting done are finally moving from that back burner to the mid to center of the stove finally (and hopefully off of the stove into my 'done' pile!)

This afternoon, I got a call from our renters in Colorado.  Back in the beginning of the month our renters told us that because of a lost job and that things were pretty iffy.  We said we'd work with them.  Then, last week, they told us they were moving out.  So - I've been frantically trying to get our Co. house posted all over the place and take care of adds, and set up showings, and put together contracts and figure everything out.
While we did find renters, they weren't able to move in until mid November - which was still difficult for us and I was starting to work on utilities and a vacant house for a month and a half...so not joyful during this uber stressful time.

Until this afternoon - when they called and said that things had worked out, and they decided that they really wanted to stay in our house, and that their employment situation had changed, and that they'll be staying there.  Wooowhoo!  What a load off of my mind!

And finally - with a cherry on top, we've been trying to get a specific loan program - oh yeah, for the house we are going to buy.  (Yes #5 - refer to previous post).

My dad (who is an amazing loan officer) told us about a fantastic loan product - and we fit the criteria.  After dealing with 4 different loan officers who just couldn't understand what we wanted and told us it didn't exist, he suggested that I call someone from his company in our area.  Lo and behold - we found someone.  We started everything up with her, and then the next day got an email telling us she'd switched to another company.  She said she could still do the program, so I've been bustling around, digging through boxes for old tax returns etc.

Then yesterday, she found out she couldn't do the program we wanted.  So, more phone calls for me - trying to figure out where to go, and how to get this product we want.  Finally, this afternoon, the skies started to clear.  Right as I was having the phone conversation with our renter, I got an email from our loan officer, and it looks like they can do the program we want and they've approved us for it already.

Rounding out my evening and gradually clearing skies - we got to go on a date - to the local football game.  My husband enjoyed the game.  I enjoyed the shake with him afterwards....and he even made it through a movie with me.
Sigh - things are looking up.  I'm blessed, and so grateful for today's blessings! 

No comments: