Sunday, November 9, 2008

What'sup?

Lots going on - sorry about the slacking.

Do you really want my food storage menu from the week?
Monday - Homemade tomato soup and green chile cornbread
Tuesday - Curried vegetables and rice
Wednesday - Fried chicken, au gratin potatoes and veggies (I finally learned to make the chicken and it worked!!)
Thursday - Stew and homemade wheat bread
Friday - work party - yuppie appetizers
Weekend - lost cause...we spent the weekend out of town. My husband got to make up for some lost time this summer (all of those girls'cations we did without him) and hang with the kids for two days. Might I say - he's been in bed tonight since 8:15 pm. :)

So being out of town sort of skewed the food storage thing - I heard they had McDonald's for breakfast. Mexican for lunch (I joined them for a moment), and Perkins (similar to Village Inn) for dinner. Sunday was hotel breakfast, leftover take out and some fresh fruits, veggies, bread, and Halloween candy, with a dinner of tacos back at home. I can just hear how jealous my readers are, and almost see you salivating.

We'll see how next week goes. My kids did state that they wished we could always drink powdered milk - they think it tastes great!

In regards to our trip, well - the snow is officially flying. As we traveled early Sat. am, we happened upon VERY icy roads. As we started down a pass, we saw a car that had moments before slid off of the road and rolled several times moments before it resting upon its roof. We called 911. On our way home we came upon another accident. I swear my blood pressure never goes down between November until June - I really need a winter home somewhere else!

On another note, a friend sent me a link regarding some negative press and religious protestations occurring in several areas in regards to some recent ballot issues. I was amazed at how skewed and biased the articles that I've read have been. I spent some time tonight on the LDS.org website in the newsroom. If you haven't taken the time, I'd recommend spending some time hanging out there. There is a particularly informative article which is a transcript from an interview with Elders Oaks and Whitman on some of the issues.

And finally on a much lighter note (no pun intended,) one of our kids started singing in her sleep at 4:00 am this morning. I kid you not - singing. 3 different songs, then went back to sleep - well, she was already asleep, but back to where ever she was. She is CONSTANTLY singing or humming, but I thought it was hilarious to note how much a part of her conscious and subconscious it has become. That's my girl!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, what a weekend! Kids really can eat anything, can't they? I used to sing in my sleep sometimes. How funny that one of your girls is doing it too!

Jules said...

The singing in the sleep thing is hilarious. Does she sound nice or off key?
I heard a group on the radio today called "The Molly's" (sp?) and I thought you might like them. Kind of folk acoustic music, but one of the instruments is a cello!
We would die if we had to live off of food storage and my kids hate powdered milk unless I mix it with 1/4 gallon regular milk and refrigerate overnight.

The CLAMShack: said...

do you remember that the Molzens, while living in Layton, UT....drank powdered milk, ONLY! ugh....