Friday, October 31, 2008

Creation

Yesterday was a creation day. Elder Uchtdorf mentioned a while ago that we need to create, and so I spent my day yesterday doing just that. Here's a quilt top that I started cutting four years ago. Then it got set aside for a while. When I pulled it out, I found that I hadn't really known what I was doing at the time. As such - the result wasn't exactly how I'd envisioned it, but I finally pushed through and finished it as best I could. I think it is pretty darn cute - thanks to my friend who gave me the present suggestion for the filler blocks.

On another note, to offset my creationism, I am also a sewing machine breaker. Three weeks ago, I took my new one (May) back because it stopped working. Just as I had laid out my borders and was starting to work on them last night, my new machine decided to stop - oh, I'm so mad (and hate that machine anyways)...so my borders aren't on yet. Guess I'll have to trade it back in again...

Here is our other creation. The girls and I spent some time on the computer searching for what they wanted to bring in for their class treats today, and this is what we came up with. Little blue hairy monster guys.


Kind of crazy but fun. The girls helped cut the gum/feet, the whoppers/eyes, and the antennae/licorice and then assembled everything.

Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

Grandma L and Grandpa A said...

I love your quilt. You are amazing. I know how tricky it can be to get it to look so incredible. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

you finished your tree thing!! it is beautiful!! good job!