Friday, October 31, 2008

Avalanche!

 


So last Wednesday my husband called me from work and asked me if I had plans for Thursday. I didn't think so, and so he told me that his boss had been given some tickets for a hockey game. He asked if I'd like to use the tickets with some girlfriends since he had to study. While my sister was coming into town on the train (getting up at 3:00 am) she was game as well as two friends.
We traveled to Denver, got to park in the VIP parking lot (we didn't have to pay for parking in Denver - what a first!)
The tickets were for a suite...what does this mean you may ask? Well - you get very cushy seats, only approx. 12 people are in the room with you, there is a sink, counters, a fridge etc. And the best part? You get a private toilet!! Yes, I know it doesn't sound very exciting, but I would much rather share the potty with 12 people vs. 10,000 +/-. Yep - that was the highlight for me - the private facilities - I was sold there!
The Aves played the Edmonton Oilers, and spanked them well. The game ended at 4-1.
I have to say, I enjoy hockey, but I hate the violence when they get into the fights. I understand it is a physical sport, but I don't like how the media responds to the fights - focusing and highlighting them -that's the part that makes me sick. However, the majority of the game was great, and all of the penalties were for hooking... oh the jokes...never mind...I missed my old friends Camille and Cherish at those few moments - those who really appreciate my humor.

So - in regards to the pictures - that one ref - he had a MAJOR mullet...it needed to be documented. My sister really wanted a rickshaw ride to the car after the game. Mony, Mony really brought back some memories, and NO ONE can get down and dance in public like LIZZIE!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, the Aves? They are my favorites! You are so lucky! I wish I had been able to go. I am glad you had fun, and you were able to enjoy your own bathroom!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha amy, it was AWESOME! and you missed it! look at the picture again to see how much fun we had! its etched into our faces, and will be etchedinto your retinas soon...keep looking...
i like your collages mare! it was so fun, thanks for taking me! jamie uses his official puck to chew on at church when he is teething.

The CLAMShack: said...

we had access last year to the "box seats" for hockey through lance's work. and we took the boys...and the MAJOR selling point for me....besides the fact that the boys weren't required to sit in their seats the whole time....was the private bathroom! sadly...we don't get to use the suite this year...as he has changed jobs.