Monday, July 28, 2008


So to celebrate Pioneer day, we found a pioneer recipe for buttermilk donuts, and the girls had a blast making them! I was the only one that got burned!


Then after spending a couple of days working on it - I have officially finished my quilt top!! I put borders all around my squares, and then sashed them together, and then did another large border around the entire thing. It sits beautifully on my bed (size wise.) I'm excited to work on my backing and put it on the frames next week - that's the goal anyways.

We had a crazy weekend and it's almost a big sigh starting back into the week. My husband took two finals to finish up summer semester while I did some straightening up.

On to other things - I must admit that I have very nasty feet. I don't know why - they just are - and my brother will happily confirm this and tell many gross stories about me feet if you ask. A couple of years ago my friend took me for a pedicure. At first I was skeptical since I saw that show about people getting fungus and diseases from them. However, I learned that I can pay someone to touch my feet, camouflage them, scrape off all of the cracks and fissures (yes I carry the grand canyon on my heels) paint them up pretty, AND give me a massage. There it is... I've been converted. Needless to say - I spent some personal time getting my feet done while my husband studied.


Later, I played two wedding gigs (while my family went to my friend's birthday party.) Unfortunately, it was outside and a major storm hit just as they got the tent up for us (good thing I insisted on the tent!) We stood huddled in the tent for 45 minutes watching two hail storms and a deluge of water, thunder and lightening. Finally, they still decided to do the wedding when it let up for 2 minutes (only to start up again as soon as they started.) It ended up being a 7 minute ceremony - pretty crazy. I just don't get why people don't believe that they really DO need a backup plan due to erratic weather. We then rushed to another gig, where we waited a while for them to decide where they were going to have the ceremony - inside or out. We ended up staying inside the doorway and playing while they went outside...crazy people in love! It was by far one of the prettiest weddings I've seen. It was very small (maybe 12 people in the entire party) - very simple, nice, and intimate (even though it was at one of the most upscale hotels in our area.)

This week my sister and her family are hanging out with us and we are teaching some square dancing to the youth (I don't know how to square dance though) and getting ready for youth conference... I'm excited to have a husband for the next two weeks before he hits the books again!

1 comment:

lizzie said...

i can't wait to see your quilt!