Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Fair - Frantic and Frenetic

Last night I decided that I should enter some stuff into the county fair. I went to our food storage, and pulled out some tomatoes, peaches (2nd to last jar) and some jam and took it in along with a wall hanging I did earlier this year.
While there, I became inspired. My sister (who is hanging out for a couple of days and as crazy as I) joined forces, and starting at 10:00 last night, we kicked out toffee, caramels, fudge, almond brittle and whole wheat bread. This morning we arose very early (especially after that late night) and finished a rhubarb and a dutch apple pie.
We rushed them piping hot to the fair along with a baptism/confirmation dress I made...
Today they'll be judged and tomorrow we'll see how I did!
A nail biter indeed! :)

2 comments:

Tisha said...

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how you did!

The CLAMShack: said...

good luck! i once won a blue ribbon at the Davis county fair for my lemon bread!