Sunday, June 8, 2008

Likes and Dislikes

Gratitude List #2

*House
*Yard
*Bed
*Car
*Pillow

*A cute guy to snuggle with
*Two cute kids to examine sparkled rocks with
*A cat that catches lots of mice and birds (and usually does not bring them inside)

*I can state my opinion freely
*I can express myself with music
*I have a few close friends who (maybe) want to hear my opinion

*I am healthy
*My kids are healthy
*My husband is healthy

*I am finished with school
*My kids are finished with school for the summer
*SUNSHINE and Vitamin D

*Lime juice
*Cilantro
*Cumin
*Pico de gallo

*A sewing machine
*Good books
*Recipes
*A deep freezer

*Gardening
*Drip systems
*Shady trees
*Springtime flowers
*The end of allergy season
*Cold medicine and cough drops

*Someone to wake up with
*Someone who calls me mom
*People to cook for
*Late night movies
*Girls nights
*Pedicures
*Dishwashers
*Computers and blogs
*Friends who call and to do stuff with

*Sleeping in (did I already say that one?)
*A quiet house
*Ups and downs
*People who need me


Things I do daily
*Brush my teeth
*Shower
*Cook a meal (or two or three)
*Wear lotion and makeup
*Check my e-mail
*Listen to music
*Hum a tune
*Clean some part of my house

Things I do weekly
*Invite someone for dinner (or lunch etc)
*Sew
*Read a book
*Go to the park and library
*Go to church
*Laundry
*Get licked by someone's dog
*Play a musical instrument
*Check my garden
*Look for recipes on the internet
*Update my blog
*Change bedsheets
*Vacuum and Mop all floors
*Grocery shop
*Play cribbage with J, L, or the computer
*Teach a lesson

Things I do monthly
*Clean out the car
*Travel somewhere
*Pedicure (monthly + 2 or 3 weeks)
*Organize something
*Plan a menu
*Let my kids talk me into something
*Fast

Favorite things to do
*Read
*Cook
*Sew
*Garden
*Wrestle with my kids
*Take a nap
*Go to the library or park
*Make an elaborate meal
*Create

Things I hate:
*Grumpy people
*People who don't like me
*Unkempt hair (on certain individuals - it makes me crazy)
*Seaweed
*Swallowing water at the pool
*Wearing a bathing suit in public
*Being interrupted during a thought
*Rap music
*Bad weather - bad roads
*Guilt trips and manipulation
*Shrieking children
*Whining
*Liver, brussel sprouts, eggplant, fruit punch, fruit cocktail

Things I love
*Classical music
*My family
*Where I live (except the snow)
*Clean air and crystal blue skies
*Starry skies
*Airplanes
*Beaches
*Warm sunshine
*Growing gardens
*Salt City candles - Watermelon, Pomegranate
*Smelly things - incense, perfumes, lotions,
*Garlic and onions being sauteed in olive oil
*Sweet basil
*Foot massages
*Uncracked heels
*Early morning walks and talks
*Being done exercising for the day
*Addictive books
*Hanging out with my family
*Tortillas hot from the comal with lime juice and salt
*Laughing with friends
*Giggling with girlfriends
*Fresh pineapple
*Cold water coconuts
*Simplicity

2 comments:

The Candlands said...

So fun that you found me! I love seeing what everyone is up to! We miss CO so bad! We talk about it all the time. Maybe we'll be back someday. Keep in touch!

lizzie said...

great lists...

i wonder why you don't like to swallow water at the pool!