Sunday, June 8, 2008

Down down

I'm feeling a bit blue tonight - could be due to lack of sleep - every now and then I get this way - but that's how it is. I should go to sleep rather than think about things - it seems like I get like this and then write emotional letters and really mess things up.
Here's a four day re-cap.
I woke up with a sore throat on Thursday. My husband was sick and we had to go and fetch him from work. On Friday, my throat was really bad, and Saturday even worse. I had a gig on Friday - there was an art walk - I and my violinist played - definitely could have been better - but it was outdoors, windy, new music, and our first gig together for the season - good thing it was casual. I've got 5 more gigs coming up this month - getting kind of crazy! Sat am we got up fresh and early (even though I REALLY wanted to really sleep in because I've been sick) and rushed to the dentist (2 hours away). It is a good thing the dentist is my cousin - cause I love him. I REALLY hate dentists and especially going. However, when we go, our kids get to play with some of their cousins (albeit 2nd or something like that) and so it works out well. No one had any cavities either - that's a blessing. Maybe that 6 month program DOES work!
We got home last night and got people to bed, and then I was up until 1:30 writing a talk on Work and Personal Responsibility. It seemed to go fairly well - after that, I studied for the primary class I was substituting in today. Got up this am - rushed to church...came home tried to nap but didn't get one, then picked some rhubarb - first of the season for a pie, and the new neighbors came over for dinner. Cleaned up the kitchen and I think I'm ready to fall over. Did I mention I LOVE summer days when NO ONE has to get up for ANYTHING in the morning?? It is true - I do - I am sleeping in tomorrow!

1 comment:

lizzie said...

i am sorry to hear you're blue. your talk we really well. and glad to hear of no cavities...