Thursday, June 5, 2008

Still waiting for summer

No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks...
School's out and what do we get???
So here it is - I received this from Emergency.org this morning - today's forecast - lovely.

WINTER-LIKE WEATHER HAS RETURNED TO THE HIGH COUNTRY.

.A LATE SEASON STORM WILL CONTINUE TO BRING SNOW TO THE MOUNTAINS
OF WESTERN CO THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW LEVELS WILL REMAIN NEAR
8500 FEET CREATING WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS OVER THE HIGHER
MOUNTAIN PASSES & ROADWAYS WITH SNOW.ICE & SLUSH POSSIBLE.

My friend just drove over two of the passes and said it was absolutely awful.

Now add that to all of the e-mails I've been getting about our crazy flooding- could these be signs? I stopped by a friend's house this morning - her entire yard is under 1-2 feet of water. I drove up and thought - oh what a pretty pond on the side of the house - that must be new, I don't remember it... then I realized what it was.. Plain crazy.

Guess we're still waiting for summer...

1 comment:

The CLAMShack: said...

that is sad city, my friend!