Sunday, May 11, 2008

Follow your nose

My husabnd had just walked in the door from running.

Daughter: Dad, I knowed you were back.
Father: Oh, how could you tell?
Daughter: I followed the smell with my nose
Father: Oh, could you smell me?
Daughter: Dad, YOU'RE STINKY!! You need a shower!

Apparently, she has some great olfactory sensors to sense his presence. Kind of funny anyways.

I have to say - this kid really cracks me up. On another note, she went mother's day shopping on Saturday. She was so excited about what she got me, and she knew that it was something that I REALLY wanted and needed. My husband said that she almost couldn't contain herself at the store she was so excited. She wrapped it and was sure I could never guess what it could be.

I am happy to say that I am now the proud owner of a new "Dora the Explorer" beach ball. That girl must be psychic! How did she know that that's what I've always wanted and needed? What a sweet gift!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

That is so cute and thoughtful of her! Carly looks beautiful and so grown up! That is the most precious picture of her looking into the font! Cherish it forever. I wish we could have gone, we thought about it all weekend and missed you guys a lot! What great sense of smell she has also!