It is finished!
I started this project many many moons ago. MANY. Like so many that I've lost count.
It consists of a lot of wrapping, and cutting of teensy tiny linen threads. And lots of counting and precision.
It has been a practice in patience. I went in fits and bursts with this, but mostly finished it in October, then realized I needed to add beads, and then do some outlining. I finished the second time in late November.
I took it to the framing store where I had some great coupons. They said the frame would be done in a couple of weeks - perfect, I wanted it on the wall for Christmas.
They called me mid January to tell me the frame was done.
Then, I couldn't find it! I assumed it had been packed into one of the six boxes of Christmas deco. Sigh.
I found it last week tucked into my sewing box (where I HAD previously looked - just not hard enough).
I ran it over to them, and it is now proudly sitting on my wall - where I will enjoy knowing how many times I picked it out and re-did it so that it would be 'just perfect'.