Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

I'm a week late.
The kids have been off school all week, and while I'd love to report that we just played and played (they did), I got sick on New Year's Eve.  On Sunday, I was too sick to go to church, but since everyone else was out of town on vacation, and I was covering someone on the organ, and covering all of primary with our secretary - well, I decided to drag myself there.
Monday was spent packing up Christmas (you know how Christmas cute suddenly turns to out of control clutter on Jan. 1st and you just can't stand it anymore?)...very slowly.  Mostly by my husband.  I laid and watched him work a lot.
I thought I was getting better later in the week and we headed to Magic Kingdom on Thursday (quite crowded still - we thought the tourists would have headed home!), and Animal Kingdom on Friday (not quite as crowded).
Our oldest daughter LOVED the Mt. Everest ride.  L.O.V.E.D. it.  It made me sick.  She went on it 6 times. I sat on a bench and chatted with Marcia from Brazil.  With my Spanish and her Portuguese we mostly understood each other. :)


I spent the first 5 hours of today at the Dr. office and pharmacy.  It seems that my New Year's Eve cold turned into a secondary infection, and I'm now fighting Bronchitis.  Lucky me.
The Dr. gave me cough pearls (?), an inhaler, and antibiotics.  That's what I really wanted - the antibiotics.  I'm told that I'll feel a little better tomorrow, much better Monday, and almost back together (hopefully) by Tuesday.  If not, I'll need to find a (non urgent care) doctor and get help.
I'm just happy about the drugs. 

No comments: