Sunday, November 6, 2011

IT IS A GAP!!

This is what many of my relative's teeth look like.


Mine however, are so tight in the front that I have a hard time getting floss in there.

My gap is unfortunately, on the side.  Let's pluralize that now.  SIDES.
Instead of the lovely gap in the front genes, I got the 'gap on TWO sides genes'.
I'm so lucky.

After all, they are just teeth.

I wish the sunbeams in primary knew that.
There I am, singing away with the little 3-4 year olds, and suddenly one of them points to my mouth and shouts out, 'you lost a toof!!'.  Yes, I did.  I smile and we continue because if I don't, we'll have an entire discussion on lost teeth and gaps, and the tooth fairy, and I'll get to see lots of loose, or not so loose teeth.  And then the stories about when so and so's brother lost his tooth.  

Then the little 4 year old hasn't been to church in a while and viola - he re-discovers my 'lost toof', and once again points it out to EVERYONE.

Well, I was relieved when we moved from Colorado and I didn't think I'd be seeing that little guy anymore.  Whew I thought, I won't have to deal with that anymore.

I was so wrong.  Today in church, I was once again singing some songs with the sunbeams (3-4 year olds), when one of the kids stopped singing, pointed to my side gap, and said, 'you are missing a toof'.

Yeah, yeah yeah.  

1 comment:

Tisha said...

oh those wonderful family genes!