Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 6 & 7

So I took a trip downstairs to inspect my freezer.
Day # 6 - I found a ziplock bag of chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles.  It was perfect - it thawed and re-heated in the crock pot while we were at gymnastics.  A friend brought by some amazing cajun chicken and rice.  My husband had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I'll be getting that recipe before I leave.  Thanks Anna!

Day #7 - Overnight - I thawed a spiral ham that I found in the recesses of my freezer.  Steamed some carrots, threw together a salad and some fresh fruit.  For dessert, I used a pie crust I had in my fridge, as well as some cream cheese that needed to be used up, and fresh strawberries to make a strawberry pie.  I'll be posting that recipe.

I realized that I'm just not sure how long this will last.  I've got some friends coming over tomorrow to help me start boxing up my food storage.  Kind of tough to live off of, it if is all boxed!  

No comments: