Monday, October 4, 2010

Strep hit our home last week, de-railing all of my scouring the rest of the house projects.
Strep is now gone.  It is not our friend.  3 of us got tests.  Luckily, only one of us had a positive result.

Lots of time spent last week not doing much, then trying to play catch up.  And here we are.
My daughter came home from school sad today.  She left her bike at school (okay - for a couple of weeks...she was sick - come on!) and went to ride it home today, only to find that it has been re-located/lost/stolen.  We aren't quite sure which.  What a bummer!

We really enjoyed watching General Conference from our own home again.  We had a few minor difficulties with the reception (like for a while we only got sound if it was music...we had to find the radio station on line and listen to it until they figured out those technical difficulties)...but it was great.  The kids watched all 8 hours of it with us (while playing conference word bingo and eating candy - but it worked!)  It was just great to be at home watching it on the computer - not camped out at someone else's home.  I loved the Saturday morning session the best.  While all of the talks were very moving, I found myself completely riveted as I listened to Elder Holland (and bawling), and then President Uchtdorf's talks.  

I think I mentioned that we pulled out my guitar several weeks ago.  Last week I found some music and put together an arrangement of La Musica Notturna - that last scene from Master and Commander where they begin to play a duet together.  Well, my husband has been playing one part on the guitar and I have been playing on my cello, and it has been really fun!  We've never made music together and we've both perfected Edelweiss on the guitar, and the Master and Commander song.  So cool.

During conference I picked back up a needlework project that I started a couple of years ago and then got discouraged and set back down.  I'm so close to finishing it - I just can't wait.  Our youngest daughter asked for a quilt that I made for her birthday, so I'm actually frantically working on some blocks for both of them, hoping to get two quilts done and quilted before Christmas.  If you need me - I'll most likely be at home crazily piecing material together.  I finished two blocks today, and am in fact on my way there right now.

No comments: