Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday and thoughts on Fathers

I love Easter time when everything seems so fresh and new and the whole world seems to stop for a moment and reflect on Jesus Christ. We had a quiet Easter morning getting ready for church, and then had some guests for dinner later that afternoon.

Yesterday as I was reading my scriptures I came across something that I had never quite grasped previously. We have and need three fathers. 1. Heavenly Father who is the Father of our spirits. 2. Our earthly father who gives us our physical body. 3. Jesus Christ is our Father, as through His resurrection our bodies and spirits will once again be reunited after the death at Resurrection. I had always understood that Christ is our Father also because He created everything under the direction of the Father, but never in the literal sense of the resurrection. How much more grateful and indebted to Him I am as I contemplate his love and the personal sacrifice which He lovingly made for me.
Here are some pictures of the girls Easter morning.



1 comment:

Tisha said...

I LOVE their hair. I have been practicing, one day my skills will be as good as yours :)