Thursday, December 11, 2008

Something's right

I'm not sure if the sun, moon, and stars are properly aligned, or what it could be, but something is going right. I was amazed this morning.

If you know my oldest daughter, you might know that she has 'porcupine'ish tendencies. She doesn't like physical demonstrations of love. She doesn't hug, she doesn't express her love - she just doesn't. We've learned to accept it. The closest you can generally get is to wrestle with her - that's how she gets the physical love she needs - yes wrestling. Each night after scriptures and prayers I always say - "who wants to give me a hug and kiss goodnight?" She then runs the other direction. However this past week she's been squeezing the guts out of me - that's very new.

This morning as she was running out the door to school, she actually turned around and came back to give me a hug! I about fell over as it is the first act of physical affection initiated by her that I've seen in a LONG LONG time.

She did all of her homework on Tuesday after school - with a minimal fuss, and made both lunches this morning. I'm not quite sure what is going on, but I really like it. Maybe she's maturing - I don't know but it sure is nice. I do acknowledge that by the act of publishing this post, it is likely that things may go in the other direction. However, when something this extraordinary happens, I have to record it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Does she still believe in Santa? I am just kidding, that is great that she is being so affectionate! Hopefully it keeps up.