Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Old Christmas tradition renewed

I remember being awestruck and mystified as a child when we would visit my grandparent's home. My grandparents had an old Swedish Christmas decoration that I could never get enough of. It consisted of some angels, candles, and some chimes. When the candles were lit, the angels would begin to twirl and thus the chimes would begin to ring. How did it work? I could never figure it out, but I loved it when grandma got the candles out and lit it up for us.



Several weeks ago I found this same decoration in a catalog and couldn't help myself. It came last night and we lit it up for FHE last night and we were all mesmerized. Yes, I know, elementary physics, but still so beautiful and fascinating.

Thanks grandma for the warm memories and for something I can pass down to my children!

1 comment:

Ward-a-Loo's said...

I also have fond memories of the one grandma used to light. We have been lighting one for about 4 years and the kids love it.