Monday, October 6, 2008

Can'o'ramma and tender mercies


It seems like forever since I last blogged. Pretty crazy how busy we get! The first part of last week was spent canning peaches and tomatoes at my friends home...we did 90 jars altogether and she earned the title - queen of domesticity. I also stole this picture off of her blog since I forgot to take any pictures. Thanks ..Onto the apples this week!

We spent some time out of town last week. We traveled out for my great uncles' funeral, my brother's homecoming from his mission, and for a church conference. It was really great to visit with relatives that I rarely see, and to spend time with our families. Unfortunately, I got some killer bu on Friday. After a blessing Friday night, I was much better on Saturday, attended the first session of conference, and then watched the second with my husband's parents. However, Sunday morning I woke up sick again. We packed up and headed home - none too early.
I learned this weekend that Heavenly Father does really love me, and He hears and answers my prayers. I consider it a tender mercy that I was able to recuperate on Saturday to feel great and be able to attend conference with my husband and daughter. Sunday morning while in prayer I asked Heavenly Father to bestow a special blessing upon me so that I could get home without any problems. I was uncomfortable for 4 hours, but okay. We got to a rest stop that I really needed then. The last two hours were really tough, and the rest of the evening was amazingly tough. I was so grateful that we made it home with me in one piece - I didn't care if I was sick all night at home (was) as long as I was able to get home. I know my prayers were answered and that blessings work and that my Heavenly Father knows me and hears and answers my prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are all your fruit facing thesame direction? if not dont even bother to enter them into the fair next year...dont even think about it!