Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shingles

I wish I could come up with something much more interesting, but here it is.
I am now hydrated and recovered from youth conference (I think). I have a new calling as the primary chorister, and am dog sitting a dog that loves me (I wouldn't say the relationship is totally mutual) in a house that is being left unlocked for 5 days.. If you don't hear from me for a while, the burglar must have gotten me!
Yes - I lead an extremely exciting life. Onto the shingles.
On Sunday a friend came over and needed some help from my husband - our friends' wife has the shingles.. they took her to the hospital in an ambulance it was so bad...My husband said she was REALLY bad when he saw her - he couldn't believe it.
So I went over to visit tonight. After I kissed her cheek as she received me into her home, we chatted. During the conversation, she told me that she was contagious...
Now I itch and am sure that my skin is raising..
I must be mental. I'm going to go wash my face..

2 comments:

lizzie said...

i am sure you have shingles! just don't give it to tucker!

The CLAMShack: said...

i had shingles back when i was in graduate school. it was so painful! my little brother luke, used to call me "shingles-malone". if you contract shingles....I will pass the name along to you! just because i am that kind of nice sort of person!!!