Saturday, August 16, 2008

More summer fun




So, several ladies in my area get together once a month in a recipe club. Everyone submits their recipes, and then they bring their creation for everyone to sample. This month's theme was appetizers. My little one was a great help to me this month. She cut off all of my crusts, and flattened all of my bread. Here's the recipe I submitted courtesy of Taste of Home:




Asparagus Appetizer Roll-ups
Serves 6
• 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
• 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
• 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
• 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
(I added a little bit of ranch dressing mix to the cream cheese mixture to make it extra tasty)
DIRECTIONS
Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onions and bacon. Spread mixture over bread slices. Cut asparagus to fit bread; place two spears on each bread slice. Roll up bread and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.

So - of course, we've been doing swimming lessons for the past month. I am happy to say that both of my children advanced in their levels. One would be able to save herself if she needed to, the other still has some work to do, but at least the girls have gotten some pool time this summer!




We spent the other day (once again) in one of my villages. We went to lunch first and then in the village we listened to my friend play banjo.


Someone sang and yodeled to us with his accordion, and really big alps horn...I have no idea what it was called!



We played at the children's museum and then (as always) in the golden river!

1 comment:

lizzie said...

i'm jealous! wish we could have been there...