Friday, June 13, 2008

Sweet and Sour?



What a gorgeous day!! Days like today, are the reason why I (and many locals) live where we do. The slogan is - come for the snow, stay for the summer. It really is true - although it snowed on Monday up valley. Freaky weather!

Tuesday was beautiful. We met some friends at the park and played all day long. 4 hours at the park, then to the friends' house for a while, then the friends came over for a babysitting swap. The weather was gorgeous- just those cloudless crystal blue skies that I love, lots of sun and a nice breeze. Gorgeous!

I went out walking early this morning as the sun was beginning to rise. What a peaceful time of day. Dew glistens on the grass (where it isn't iced), birds chirp and hop along,wind chimes faintly tinkle and hum, and the minty smell of sage lingers in the air. All is quiet and still - what beauty!

I guess the purpose of this posting is to clarify - despite my incessant posts regarding the abysmal winter we had,...I love where I live, days like today remind me of this - I guess the lesson in this is that we have to taste the bitter to appreciate the sweet - and I am appreciating the sweet today! Bring on the sunshine!!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

You're so funny, and very poetic! I'm so jealous, right now through July is the most beautiful time of the year there, we miss it! Looks like you get to spend a lot of time outdoors though, that's awesome! Oh and your garden looks great from a couple posts ago that I forgot to mention on the comment! Your tomato plants are probably huge from using the plastic tubes around them. Yum!