Friday, April 11, 2008

Its finally here!

After four years of deliberation, debate, hand turning, borrowing, and compromise, we finally agreed, and it came today. Here's our new baby!


Yes - I know, we must be sick and wrong, and WHO gets excited about this? Me. I can't wait to get my garden planted in the ground. Our pumpkin plants (yes in the front room) are getting root bound, and sick. They also have yellow buds getting ready to open up - they need more space! I can't wait to give it to them - this is SO exciting. Did I mention that it has been snowing all week? I'm not sure how wet the dirt will be, but I just need a small patch for these guys, and to throw out my weed killer.

Today, I've been busily cleaning, running errands and sewing - yes I am making the baptism dress - I hope it turns out - of course since I'm a great seamstress - well that remains to be seen. Every week a couple of friends come over and we have lunch together and sew on our projects - a friend is working on the same pattern for her daughter, and another friend gives us helpful hints and advice - as such, I believe there is hope.

I think I'll be getting an early birthday present today since both of my sewing machines have given up. I've had machine envy ever since a couple of my friends got new ones last fall when they were on sale at the local warehouse. Well, they are there again - just in the nick of time. What a pity - this dress is getting rather costly.

I am proud to state that this week instead of blogging, I cleared 6 baskets of clean laundry from my room - which is now spotless, and my upstairs and book room also got cleaned. My drawers and cupboards still remain clean (from the previous cleaning out they got before Easter). I helped out at the school this week with the kindergarten round up - they always need me to translate and help the kids who don't speak english, so I got to help with this once again. Yesterday I got my menu and shopping list through the beginning of May planned out, and I'm slowly working to get everything back into a civilized state again. I'd really love to re-claim my front room from the garden area, and get my stuff out into the ground under the walls of water.

I'm sure I'll post the photos of the garden as soon as it gets in - for all of you gardening enthusiasts out there!

3 comments:

lizzie said...

your dress is looking fabulous! as does your house...i'm jealous! and i know you will love your new sewing machine, i just know it!

Tisha said...

No, there is nothing weird about being excited about that! I wish we had one, such a hassle to always borrow! Hopefully your weather cooperates soon and you can get your plants out of the living room. We have a rubarhb taking over our dining room, but it won't stop raining outside!!!!!

Can't wait to see the baptism dress. Post pictures soon!

The CLAMShack: said...

when is your birthday again? i can almost remember that it is at the end of april. the 24th? i am really scraping the depths of my brain right now....