Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 2, 2008

Spring appears to finally be on its way in! Hooray.
Although I am working on some changes. During sunday school, we talked about Jacob - and how he labored to write the things which were most important. I thought about what I write about in my blog - yes - the WEATHER. So - I'm working hard to only write about the important things (who said haircuts and pedicures aren't important?) So at least - I'm going to try.

Its been an adjustment to not be teaching seminary, although there are some great perks. I'm still getting up super early (why break the habit I guess). However, I'm really enjoying going back to the books like Psalms and Proverbs etc which we were only able to really spend one day on, and to slow down and REALLY go through them. I'm especially excited about Isaiah - I'm going to take a lot of time on that one - and I can't wait! (Yes - certifiably crazy) But it has been great to get up and have 1+ hours to just study for me. I've been using a journal off and on to write down stuff that really hits me, and to jot down my thoughts as I read. Its amazing how much more meaningful it makes it for me. I've decided that I will continue to use my earlymorningmoments seminary blog, where I'll periodically post some cool stuff I've learned or gone over. I'm going to continue to work on it as though I was teaching (but at a slower pace)so I'll still be using all of the same reference materials etc. So - check it out periodically - cause I'll still share.
This morning in Psalms I found a bunch of chiasmas - I just think they are super cool and the people who used them are pretty darn smart - I get excited just to be able to recognize them!

Earlier this week the roads were all closed for about 14 hours due to a horrific storm which stranded obscene amounts of travelers and included fatalities. I know I obsess about the weather, but in the mountains, it changes so quickly and drastically. I'm so grateful that my family was protected - but it reminds me how quickly and fleeting life can be.
I'm working hard to spend more time with my kids and be a better wife and mom. Its spring and I'm amazed at how much more relaxed I am - I feel like I have a new lease on life - lots of changes coming - pretty exciting. We are starting soccer this week as well..I'm a little tentative, but I figure it's at least worth a try once!

My iris' are coming up - that's pretty exciting too! Finally - today I did get a pedicure, but the best part of the day was teaching a friend to make wheat bread, and then going for my first outdoor run of the season - it was AWESOME. The sun shining, my daughter keeping up with me, and just that amazing endorphin release, and the clear fresh air. Life doesn't get much better. There's so much to be grateful for!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

You are so good! I feel like I get my daily dose of scipture study by reading your blog, you're so insightful! Sorry about the bad weather, I guess Colorado makes up for the crappy winters in how beautiful the summers are. Your kids are so cute and I love the slide show on the side of your blog. Cute stuff!