Monday, December 7, 2009

My gratitude and Thanks

While we've been struggling through our difficulties (let's face it, everyone has trials and difficulties), I've been amazed at the outpouring of help I've received from so many people. THANK YOU!

I love the quote by Jeffrey R. Holland who said, "there's nothing in life so bad, that whining won't make it worse." So, as I've been looking for my silver lining, I've found so many things to be thankful for. Here are a few of them:

One of my children is a thorny rose - not really a close snuggly lovey type of kid. This past week I received two spontaneous kisses on the forehead and hugs from her. She also said, "goodbye mom, I love you" as she headed out the door this morning. I can't say how long it has been since I heard something like that from her.

Children who have been happy to help - who could complain about that?

A surprise visit from my sister. She didn't find out until Friday evening that I had been in the hospital. She and her husband hopped in the car and drove 10 hours (through the night) to spend a day with me and help me with whatever I needed. While the things I had been worried about accomplishing were possibly trite and silly, she willingly jumped in and helped get them done. What a load off my mind! Aside from that, we had an opportunity to chat and deepen our relationship.

I've been overwhelmed by people's generosity. Friends and neighbors have shown up on the doorstep with food, hugs, and love.

Every experience we have allows us to change and grow. A quote by Joseph B. Wirthlin has been ringing through my mind lately, "Come what may and love it."

I am trying to love it and accept, and I see examples in others of the type of person I want to be in those who have so lovingly served my family. I truly feel my Savior's in the actions of those who have encircled us during this difficult time. THANK YOU

No comments: