Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Re-cap, Not for the squeamish

I can't believe this weekend is over, it's been a while since life threw me such a loop.
My husband's brother/family came into town and we loved staying up late playing games, chatting and just hanging out with them. We hit some fun restaurants on Friday and hung out in some of the tourist areas.

Saturday morning, while making breakfast, my husband went out for a quick run. I received a phone call that one of the ladies I was performing with for a wedding was extremely ill and there was no way she would be able to make it to the performance. I was completely thrown into panic mode since another of my ladies had just moved away and was no longer unavailable. I called a friend and she gave me some names and numbers but the people I was calling lived pretty far away and it was a long shot. As I was on the phone with her, my husband came in from his run and informed me that he needed some help.
While running, he'd tripped and fallen downhill and sliced his hand open. We ended up spending the morning at the doctor's office (3 hrs) as after the stitches they wanted to take some X-rays. Once we finally got home, we had to wait for the Orthopedic surgeon's assistant to look at the X-rays because after telling us that it was nothing, my husband's pain seemed extreme and they were concerned that it may have been something more. We were so grateful that my husband's brother & family were here and so willing to help us out with the girls!
He'll see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and we hope to figure out what's going on.
Here's his hand - the morning after

Moving on (or back to my dilemna), I finally found someone who was available and willing to drive two hours to play with us. It was a beautiful location and I loved the gentle breeze and the fall colors. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. While I had been super stressed about performing with someone who had never seen the music, he did a great job and I was SO relieved that it turned out as well as it did. Here is some of the colorful backdrop we got to enjoy while performing.

After performing, I joined back up with everyone at the river and while I soaked my feet in the cool water, I found a few much needed moments of tranquility as the adrenaline finally began to recede ~ After church, a nap, and an easy day, I'm feeling back to myself again.
Posted by Picasa


Amy said...

Ooh, your poor hubby! I hope everything is okay. That looks awful. Also, so glad you got someone to play with you. That kind of stress is the worst kind.

Tisha said...

I hope his hand is okay! Sounds like an event filled weekend!

Jules said...

That picture of your hubby's hand is so gross - thanks for sharing. I don't think I'm going to eat that popcorn I was eyeing.