Saturday, September 19, 2009

Funky Carrot - Ode to grandpa J.

When I was young, I took a carrot for show and tell (and my sister's belly button, but that's a different story). Now this was not an ordinary carrot mind you, but one from my grandfather's garden. It had 8 legs - we called it the octopus carrot. Important show and tells remain in your memory forever, you know.

It seems like every year we just happen to get a funky octopus type carrot in our garden. Hmmm, I wonder if it is hereditary? Here's this year's addition to the carrot hall of fame
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that is awesome! Now I am wondering whose belly button it was, and why you would think other kids would find that interesting... of course you are one of us, so that explains itself.

Tisha said...

WOW! That is some carrot. Definitely worthy of show and tell :)

lizzie said...

that scares me.