Thursday, February 26, 2009

Warm Spell

Yesterday I made my way to Denver - it was between 60-70 degrees outside. On the home front, it has been very warm as well. So much that Tuesday I did a 4 mile hike. Unfortunately, it was warmer than I thought and I kept falling through the snow - up to my knees - but it was absolutely beautiful. It is starting to feel like spring. I'm just wondering if it will last and be an early season, or if we will get the usual large amounts of snow that generally come in March and April?

The girls have been intermittently riding their bikes to school again, and are enjoying splashing and rolling around in the mud. The lot next to our house is empty and the other day I caught one of my children in her bare feet sploshing around in the mud on their lot - just oozing it between her toes. While I'm sure it was cold - I could definitely understand her need to get her feet into the dirt. She must take after her mom.

I'm headed out today to snowshoe while we still have some snow before it all turns to mud!

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Yeah, you did one of these "handmade" gift prizes for leaving a comment before and I was the winner, YET, I NEVER got my prize... :)