Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sick

We are officially sick at our house. We thought we'd kick it, but all evidence points to the contrary.
On Tuesday I volunteered at the school. I arrived home for my 20 minute break before my lessons started showing up and received a phone call that one of my children had a temperature of 102 - would I please come and get her?
We decided to hang out at the DR. office and her flu test came back positive.

The whole family (except the sick one) received prescriptions for tamiflu and immediately began taking the medicine.
I went to the library that night to stock up on videos and boy - we've seen a lot of Harry Potter in our house. The thing is - she acts totally fine when she's got motrin in her for the fever - she drives me bonkers she's so fine. Then it wears off, and she's not so fine.
Well, she was bummed to miss her Valentines day party at school, but it came and went. And her sister came home on Friday with the same cough, and the beginnings of a fever. Tonight she was hitting the upper ranges of 102 as well. We did the cool bath thing and I started to get a little worried as her eyes started to roll - but I think we're okay. She had a blessing and we are bracing for a rough night and for another week for me with a sick kid at home.

Praying that I and my husband don't get it. I've had the same cough and had a couple of days where I didn't feel so good, but can't decide if it has just been the power of suggestion...

And yes - I'm apparently losing it because I thought that I should maybe post about this twice - I must need some sympathy, or an excuse to get out of my house since I'm obviously beginning to wander around in slippers and repeat things.

No comments: