Friday, January 23, 2009

New beginnings and funky dreams

Waiting for my heater to kick on this morning, watching the snow flutter down in giant white flakes outside my window.

It's been a busy week. My husband started his last semester this week - I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but it looks like the next few months will really be a long haul.

On another note, remember when we finished the New Testament around Christmas? Yesterday I was thrilled to finish the Old Testament which I'd started about the same time as we began the NT. I'm excited this morning to break back into the Book of Mormon. I find so much peace from the scriptures, and it seems like the insight I receive is always tailor made to me and my specific situations - what a blessing it is in my life.

This week I had the chance to interpret some plea bargains at the court. Oh so quickly did I realized that getting state certified for this is going to take a LOT of work. I've been told that to pass the certification exam I need to study 20 hours a week and only 10% pass. For me, the greatest difficulty lies in learning the proper legal jargon - in itself a whole language, and I need to learn it in both english and spanish.

In regards to this week - it seems to have flown by with visiting teaching, private lessons, a career fair, snowshoeing, finalizing my business tax documents, and having the elders for dinner. I fell asleep studying last night and dreamed that Pres. Uchtdorf and his wife came to visit my husband - but I fell asleep on the couch while they talked, and because I was there, they could only chit chat. Before my husband appeared though I chatted with them and then he took my daughter's face in his hands and spoke with her - it was very sweet. It was so vivid, I was kind of tripped out when I woke up.

Today I'm planning on letting that snow fly outside while I clean my house, do laundry and hopefully make some time for some therapeutic sewing!

No comments: