Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Stove saga

So - last fall (yes 2007) while canning I somehow managed to create so much heat that my internal stove top wiring all melded together. Since then, I've been solely operating on my two small burners. We ordered parts, but they never came in, and when they finally did it was much later, and the roads seemed to be treacherous and then we could never get hold of the guy. Yes - very long boring saga.

Here's the old stove

So just before canning season, I thought maybe we just might need to address the stove situation again. The local gas company (that also does appliance repairs etc) ordered some new parts for us. They found some special burners that are a little more heavy duty and raised up - made specifically for canning so they said and ordered them for me. Along came August, September, October and finally November... and somebody was getting a run around. So here are some pictures of the installation of our new stove. We switched from electric to gas - we're still doing some adjusting, but my husband made cinnamon rolls today on his own and they were beautiful. Who knew a new stove would get him cooking?

We had to drill through our floor to connect to the gas downstairs (yes the kitchen is a bit messy - oh well, it's been worse)


Here's our friend who was willing to work for food and help us out - with his 'red-necked tool' as he called it.


I'm so happy to be able to cook normally again!

2 comments:

Tisha said...

I LOVE my gas stove! I am so glad you have one.

lizzie said...

yeah!!! can't wait to see it!