Sunday, August 31, 2008

I am not a Monkey...OR an ape!!

I have a MAJOR gripe. I just don't get it - well... actually some other people just don't get it.
We spent some time at the local museum of Natural science...
I had a really hard time going through there with my kids subjecting them to stupidity.
So... the Bible tell us that the earth, plants, animals, water, man & woman EVERYTHING was created by God, or Heavenly Father.
As we walked into the museum we were immediately subjected to the "Big Bang Theory." I'm sure the other parents really appreciated me telling my children that this is definitely not what the Bible tells us. (I don't believe the word "Bang" is even used within that text.)
So...we continued on our merry way...and once again, I was subjected to SEVERAL displays which truly show us how we all evolved from APES. I even took a picture so that people don't believe I'm just spouting off and complaining about nothing.

Ahhhh... the family tree..



Geneology anyone?


I really don't think that this is what genealogists had in mind...

JUST FOR THE RECORD...I MOST EMPHATICALLY DID NOT COME FROM A MONKEY... NO WAY, NO HOW, (no matter what my brother says.)

3 comments:

lizzie said...

are you sure?

Anonymous said...

Right, actually we're apes:

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey. Even if it's got a monkey kind of shape. If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey. If it doesn't have a tail then it's an ape.

Anyway, the scientists are clearly right on this one.

Mare said...

It doesn't really matter what the scientists believe... they once believed the world was flat too (need I go on?)...just because they say it is so, doesn't really mean that it is.