Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today we celebrated my sweetie's birthday - once again he is as old as me, so now he can't tease me about how old I am!
We had a little party tonight - we got back from youth conference and went to pick up the girls at a friend's house. She had (oh so graciously) made us some dinner, decorated, helped the girls buy some gifts, and picked up the cake and ice cream for us! So - we had a little party - the whole youth conference thing sort of threw us off, but we love him!


Every night at dinner, he says to the girls, "well, the reason why we've called you here together...is to tell jokes!" Unfortunately, the jokes aren't always quite as funny to the rest of us as they are to him. As such, our youngest daughter gave him some Laffy Taffy for his birthday - I'm sure hoping to help him!

Our other daughter got him a great pig toss game - which I'm sure she is very excited about, since I got that game when I was her age and LOVED playing it at Bear Lake with my little brother all summer (remember that?)


I think his favorite present was his shower, shave, picking up the girls, and a clean bed in his own house!

4 comments:

Tisha said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!!

lizzie said...

happy birthday! so happy to celebrate with you last night!

larmeister said...

hey pa (jeff) happy birthday thanx for a great time ;-)

Milly said...

I am so glad that you had such a great birthday. Thanks Maddie for helping your dad with his jokes... I think the fact that he likes them so much make them a little funnier than if anyone else were to tell it. We love you Jeff!