Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I looked out my window and what did I see?

My baby in a blue car smiling at me!





Yes - we decided it was time for a new car. We originally looked for a Civic, but couldn't find one. After a VERY long night we are excited to have a reliable car that is new and blue and oh so sporty, and clean, and well, I guess I should stop. Needless to say, I'm excited to not have to take my husband to and from the shuttle anymore.

Here are some pics of our old car which we loved. I bought it from a friend right after I got home from my mission - at that point it only had 60K on it. We were a single car family for several years - we used it while we dated, it moved with us, we brought our first baby home from the hospital in it and my husband has stoically used it to commute (yes the pink car) for the past 6 years. What a great car - no major breakdowns, no major problems. We tried to trade it in at the dealers - they wouldn't take it. I think they didn't want it because it was a decorator's edition. I has grafitti on it which matches the driveway (and previously the house.) And it still gets 43 miles to the gallon.

If you enlarge this one, you may glimpse the decorators edition.


4 comments:

Milly said...

What is it with the Harris family and Civics? I don't get it, but it certainly seems to be the car of choice. Although it isn't a civic, your accord is beautiful. I am a little envious, but not for the price of gas.

Tisha said...

Congrats on the new car... it looks SOOOOO nice!

lizzie said...

what a great car! thanks for the ride!

Jules said...

The car looks great!

Now you'll have a reliable car to come and see us in! Hint hint!