Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Annual Family Reunion

On the spur of the moment, and since my husband had to study, the girls and I decided to take a quick trip (ahem.. quick?)for the family reunion which we previously hadn't planned on attending.


I thank my sister in law for this photo I pirated from her website.
Among other games, we played water kickball - here I am sliding into home - and yes, my backside is brown from slipping in the mud at second.

The annual gunny sack race and hula hoop contests



My daughter and this particular uncle have a little water fight feud which was a carry over from last year. However, just before she left, she added an additional uncle to the "revenge list" for next year - she's already scheming!


The survivors - those who were still hanging out once everything was cleaned up and most had left.

On our way home, we drove past some of our favorite college haunts (ie the fishing river) Here is the light post where we first met, and where my husband later proposed to me.

Here is the 'Track House,' where he impressed me with his culinary (aka spaghetti) skills.


While visiting with the in-laws this weekend I managed to get this photo of their NEW WHEELS. Congratulations!! (Okay - actually, it broke down right there - but what a photo - too bad I dropped my camera right after and didn't get a good one with them right next to it)

No comments: