Monday, June 2, 2008

Yes, I'm posting like crazy - please keep up!

We just had too much happen today that was funny and I had to share.
I got a call regarding a phone survey I recently did... they wanted to drop by a $500 certificate for free stuff from an internet store tonight for 30 minutes - all I had to do was listen to a presentation and do a 10 question questionnaire at the end on the presentation.

Needless to say - ever heard of RAINBO? Well this was BLUE STAR!! Yes - a vacuum system. Honestly, I am quite happy with my oblivion. I prefer NOT to know how much sand and dirt is really in my couch, and on my floor. So what if this cleans my air, mops and sweeps my floor, and picks up steelies. It was $3,000. If I gave them my old vacuum, and bought the demo model they would have given me $300 off! Then, after we said no, we got the whole, I'll pay the sales tax, (another $200) and give you my commission since my boss is taking the winner of the month to Hawaii (another $900 off).. pretty silly. Good thing my husband wasn't as grossed out as I was about all of the dirt.

The best part of the sales pitch was when he used the bathroom. Apparently the girls had been in there and left the TP on the floor, and a beautiful present in the potty.
Guess that's what happens when you come on family night and stay for forever.

For FHE, we had planned on going up into the mountains to a lake, but had some complications. We roasted marshmallows over and candle and made kitchen table smores! Great night despite the sales man. By the way - did I mention he was from Colorado Springs???

No comments: