Friday, June 27, 2008

Serious Stuff

I got some interesting information today - How would you respond if:

You found out that a registered sexual predator moved to your neighborhood and lived behind you?

What would you tell your kids?

Would you be more wary when your spouse was out for the evening, or on a business trip?

Would you change the way you did things? Like what?


Yeah - it is a little on my mind as it is happening here. Not directly behind us, but on the street behind us, and totally within view of my backyard (where my kids constantly play and hang out.) I guess I can be comforted that a cop lives right across the street from them. Anyways - I think it has really changed how I'm thinking about things.

A couple of months ago our town had a meeting about a similar issue - on the bright side, at least this person is registered and being monitored. Statistically speaking, it is those who are hiding underground that are really the big concern.

2 comments:

lizzie said...

yeah, let's play at my house from now on...when i get back, that is.

Ashlee said...

Ooh scary. I'm glad the cop is there. Oh and your family home evening looks good!