Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hairbows and Pumpkins





Today, as I looked out the window, I finally figured out why the neighbors may think we are a little bit odd.
My child (yes mine) was wearing such an interesting outfit. Gymnastics leotard, covered with baggy shorts, covered with the pumpkin costume, and a yellow bike helmet. She was riding her bike (and getting piggy back rides) up and down the sidewalk in this get up. I thought it was a classic! And yes, she dresses herself!


Yesterday, we played with some friends...the kids decided they would try out some face paint - here are the results.


Finally, I copied something off of someone's blog. Except, their picture did not come out sideways. However, it is too late, and I'm going to bed after 15 tries to straighten this baby out. Regardless of my sideways photo, this was the most inspirational idea I've seen on a blog in a very long time. I have two girls. We are CONSTANTLY struggling to keep track of their hair bows, barrettes etc. For several years, I've had two drawers that were an absolute MESS (yes I should have taken the before picture, but once again forgot - or maybe I would have been too embarrassed to post it anyways.) Well, thanks to this revolutionary idea - and a cheap shoe organizer that I had on hand (yes the cheap wally kind) my hair accessory collection is an immaculate icon of perfection - check it out! I still get warm fuzzies every time I think about it...a practical organizational solution for something that has haunted me for years (yes with life highlights like this - how could life get any better?)

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Okay, I am laughing SO HARD about the pumpkin costume, that is so something my kids would do! I LOVE it.
Isn't it so nice to have hairstuff organized. Makes getting ready for church just that much easier!

The CLAMShack: said...

that is an awesome idea. we have one of those that we use for coats, hats and gloves. works perfectly! it's in our hallway closet!

lizzie said...

love the organization! and your girl, classic! and who are those super-cute blondies with the face paints? very fun...