Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Painting

I love to paint. At least I usually think I do, until I get half way through.
Several years ago, my husband and I had some oops paint, which we decided to experiment with. The final product was a peach accent wall (I'm not sure what it was accenting though.) Yes - for three years my wall in my bedroom has been peach. I'm not really a peachy type of girl by the way - and I've hated it, but never had the time to get around to changing it. So, yesterday, I got rid of the peach. I have a wonderful friend who assisted me in the entire process from start to finish - thanks for the help! Here are some pics from the project, along with the final product.
I LOVE how it turned out!
Here's the before:


Here's the during - how could I NOT resist this self portrait? (I say that ANYONE who does this on someone else's camera deserves to have it posted on the web - there's no argument!)


Finally, here it is all dried and put back together.

3 comments:

lizzie said...

i suppose that i deserve that. self-portraits are best on regular film camera. just snap and no one ever knows it's been done until they get there film developed. oh, how i miss those days.

Unknown said...

as a long time friend of Liz's (I followed her lazy blogger link here!) I have to say her self-portraits are always fair game! And always fun. Maybe for her next birthday all of her friends and family will have to make a collage of Liz Self-Portraits through the years!
Great wall by the way - I'm afraid of painting and need Liz to come visit to help me get an accent wall.

Jules said...

Love the bedroom wall! Can you come do mine? We are choosing out paint colors this weekend? No? I guess you are kind of busy this weekend. Tell C congrats and way to go!