Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 7, 2007

I've been getting lax in my blogging - that's all there is to it. Our computer died a while ago, and I'm still really trying to figure out some of the little idiosyncrasies of the new one. We still continue to keep as busy as possible. It was a relief to start to get back into the swing of things after Thanksgiving. Solely due to the fact that I COULD stay up late (because I didn't have seminary the next am) I did - almost every night of the break. It was both delicious and exhausting. It just doesn't seem natural to go to bed at 9:00 pm because you are exhausted. Last night we swapped some babysitting. Unfortunately, our kids went to bed at 8:45 (super late for them since they are ready by 7:15 usually). These kids were still going until 10:00 when we made beds on the couches for them. I had fallen asleep at 8:15 while my husband was reading the kids stories. Yes - my pathetic going to bed at 8:15 on a Friday night life! I think we are going out tonight though, and I can stay up a little later.
Last week we had the ward talent show. I found 3 other ladies who are as crazy as I, and we resurrected the Grandma "Winking at me" song. I think it was a hit - people were pretty surprised, and the girls at least loved it! My daughter played Jesu, Joy of Man's desiring on her violin, and my husband juggled while the audience sang (directed by the girls) Jingle Bells, and Happy Birthday to the Bishop.
I've been working on getting our Christmas card put together this week, and I think we've got most of the shopping done. We are hoping to get everything sent out today or Monday. Then we'll begin making treats and sitting back enjoying the season. I think my sister and her family are coming out just before Christmas (and my parents to see them). We will celebrate Christmas Eve with a Jerusalem supper, and then Christmas day here. After that, we'll travel back home and spend a couple of days with the family.
I celebrated Hanukkah with my seminary class this week and learned to make latkes. That was pretty interesting, but fun, and my family loved the latkes.
Oh, I also learned how to put music links onto web pages and how to set up a counter on my blog pages... thanks for the help!
I had a rehearsal this week, and we have a gig for the Library party next week. We haven't ever done a Christmas music gig, so this will be interesting. We are the music and entertainment while the kids wait in line to see Santa. We'll see how it goes, and I'll possibly post some pictures from that. I'm working on a blog for the trio which we can use for marketing - I'll post the address of it once I really get it up and running.
We are going on a date today! The first one in ages! Details to follow!

No comments: